Friday, September 5, 2008

First week of PT

So I just finished my first week of PT school and wow am I tired. Not only did I start the most intense learning experience ever; it has been compared to drinking out of a fire hydrant, you do not get a lot to drink but you sure do get wet, but I also supplemented my kickboxing. I am getting up and walking with a friend around the ACU track at 6 am every week day. (y'all remember how I love mornings since time does not exist before 6 am)
You might say, "Megan that is too much" and I will tell you something, the stress of PT school makes me want to eat, (ice cream with lots of chocolate) so instead I exercise. But I really do not have a long time to tell you about my week because I still have to get about 5 chapters done before bed tonight. Which means I am doing HW on a Friday night, I know that is a little sad but hey I have resigned myself to not having a social life for 2 years and three months. So here is what I have to do this weekend.

Medical term. worksheet :DONE
Study medical terminology everyday: about that hmmmm
Finish SOAP Note workbook: DONE HURRAY!
Write SOAP Note :DONE

Catch up on Reading for Kines and Human Anatomy: DONE
Work on project that is due Wednesday: DONE
Read over all notes from past week: not likely
Practice assessing vitals for 3 more people
Go to store and get more stuff for school: DONE
Not go insane: well i sorta did but hey it is PT school
Try to go to bed before midnight every night: that did not happen stupid SOAP Notes

well better get going time is ticking away!!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Sleep and exercise will help you with the 'not go insane' part -- eating will only make you feel gross! I am VERY proud of all that you are doing and KNOW you can do it! Do you need to assess my vitals? Can I just tell them to you here? :-) You'll do great! Go you!

Megster said...

unfortunately I will have to take them manually but if you want me too I can breing my kit to church and on sunday we can have a vitals party haha, that is not due for two weeks so I think I can get them all done. :-D

Donna Ware said...

I love it! A vitals party at church!! I think it is the perfect place because my Jesus is so "vital" to my life. Megan, we can not tell dad this because you know he will take it and run. He will have everyone wearing scrubs to church and talking about the "vital" parts of our Christianity, "vital" time spent with the Lord, "vital" scriptures we should know to teach others, --are you getting the picture. We will have a third service called "The Vital Service" Oh....my mind is just racing!

Tammy M. said...

Glad to keep up with you!

AbbieCRAZY said...

A Vital Service. That made me laugh...

I'm so proud of you walking in the dark! You go with your healthy self! In the end it will make you feel better.

Sarah said...

I see a 'Vital' logo in our future... stethoscope and (what's the little graph on the heart monitor called?) included...

Megster said...

EKG