Sunday, September 14, 2008

Naked Runner Story

So on a previous post that I wrote a couple of days ago I got a comment that I needed to write about the naked runner story told by my professor. So Sarah this is for you.

One of my professors is real big into triathlons and wakes up before time exists and rides his road bike and swims and etc. I know crazy. Well one Sunday morning he was riding his bike here in town and he was in the "speed position" or whatever you call it this whole triathlon thing is way foreign to me, you know with the bars and the head down looking at the pedals. Yea anyway he was riding along when he saw something out of the corner of his eye. So when he was going past this "object" (that happened to be crossing over to his side of the road) he looked up from his speed position and whammo it was a guy running naked. That is right naked. Well actually he was wearing a bandanna around his neck. He also just said that he did not look back after he had past him. LOL oh the things we learn at PT school. Till next time.

This is my version of what he said so I could not remember some of the exact details but the main parts are right so yea, Abilenians be aware if you are out in the wee hours of the morning you never know what you might see!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, you're such a tease -- that tells me just enough to beg so many more questions!

Was he also wearing running shoes -- or just the bandana?

Did he appear inebriated in any way -- or just high on the endorphins one would get from running naked?

Do we think he is a habitual naked runner?

So many questions...

Anonymous said...

That's why time does not exist for me in terms described by "the wee hours of the morning" cause there aint no glee when the hour is wee.