Sunday, September 14, 2008

Texas Value Cards

Hey there bloggy friends, so I hate to do this but our class is selling Texas Value Cards so I thought I would "advertise" on my blog. So

What are Texas Value Cards?

They are a discount card that you can use here in Abilene and even out of town for restaurants and entertainment venues. They contain coupons for the Zoo, movie theatres, Restaurants, And I also think Prime Time. There are a lot of deals for buy one get one free meals or entry.

How much do they cost?
$15 and $9 go directly to our class. That might sound steep but if you get two buy one get one free meals then hey there ya go you paid for your card :-D

How will this money (my money) be used?
It goes directly to our class to help with things like: a Clinical opportunity in African for a few students (help with the cost to go), Mission trip to Mexico in the summer(cost of fiood, lodging, and other general costs), Help cost for graduation regalia and banquet, and more that I am not exactly sure about. But we get $9 out of every card sold.

Is it worth it?
I have not used the cards but I am thinking about getting one myself. I know professors at our school also buy these cards and one said she always buys at least one because "it pays for itself in two meals". So it is up to you.

If you are interested just reply to this blog and we will take it from there. Oh and I think this might be a fundraiser for some schools in this area so I do not want to get in the way of some of your kiddos so FYI I would check what they are doing.

Thanks Y'all until next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan, I want to get 2 value cards. One for me and one for my friend. 2 for 1 meals, can't beat
it! I can send money to you at your home address. Can you take a check, or does it need to be cash
only? This way I can support you in PT school, and give me a great
birthday present. my email address is:Shortdma@clearwire.net Your mom sent me the neatest birthday card by email for my birthday today. Look forward to hearing from you.
Love you, and hope you have a good week. Donna Altman PS Praying for you. Who do I make the check out to? DMA

Sarah said...

Sign me up! Sharky's is on there, right? :-) Oh, I'll take it anyway...