Monday, May 12, 2008

Well at least I do not work in the Pool

Let me tell you bloggers that it is Monday again, in case you did not notice the death march music playing in the background all day long, and well we all started our new schedules at work. I have one friend who is out of town for a week and another one is covering for her in the Pool, let me tell ya, I have complained a lot about work, but it does not even compare to the chlorinated crazy that is in the pool. 

Number one, let me tell you that for some reason if you have a Hendrick badge on and  sitting in the pool, it means to all, come on in and tell us everything you wouldn't normally tell people about your life and be sure to complain about absolutely EVERYTHING you can and finish it up by asking, "where is K."(My friend who runs the pool) After resisting the urge to drown them, you just say, "she is on vacation for a week". 

After their faces turn from judgemental to disappointed they walk down the stairs into the pool, get about an inch in and say, "wow the pool is cold today" well since we are there to serve we check the temperature. The pool temperature should be 89 degrees, guess what the temperature was, go on guess.......... 88 yes that is right, these ladies can tell the difference of water temperature to the degree. Wanting to drown youself in the four foot pool, you then have to tell them the Hot tub (or in theraputic language, "theraputic Spa") is broken. 

Okay bloggy buddies, I was in there for about 1 hr in today, by the end me and my friend just broke down into laughing fits. You sometimes just have to laugh to keep from crying. Oh poor poor friend who was stuck there ALL DAY.

Well I guess it is just another Monday. 


1 comment:

Donna Ware said...

I am your mother and I can definitely tell the difference between 88 and 89 degrees. Of course, when it gets to this temperature I mainly just say "it is too hot--turn on the air conditioner" I then turn it down to around 45 degrees because everyone knows that the temperature gets cooler faster when you turn the thermostat way down. (Your father does not agree with me on this one)

Try not to drown any old people in the pool--however, I do believe in total immersion if you feel the need

mom