Sunday, May 4, 2008

Deers 'R' US

So about that whole posting everyday thing, hmmmmm well that did not happen but I will try to catch you up in a couple of sentences about the days leading up to the BEST WEEKEND OF THE YEAR.

Okay poopie day on Thursday until Free night at Primetime, and by night I mean 9-12 at night (paid for that on Friday morning) , I went with a friend and it was super fun. Then went to work on Friday morning had a half day so I came home packed and hit the road for DFW. My Dad asked if I wanted to have a Dallas weekend a little while ago and I said YES so we picked up my mom at her work and we dropped her off at the Alta Mesa Ladies retreat that she was speaking at, which happened to be in the same area that my Dad and I went.

Okay now the fun part, okay well sometimes we stay in hotels that I like to call possum inns (that one possum buffet just ruined those for me ;) Well let me just tell you, polar opposite situation, we stayed at the Westin by DFW airport and let me tell you, I kept asking him "do you think they will notice if we took the shower head?" ( I am telling you when they have written heavenly shower they were not kidding) and " Do you think they will notice if we took the bed?" (that one, they would probably notice, I mean two people with a large mattress coming off the elevator and through the lobby and out the door, I think they might have noticed but believe me you would want to risk it too).

Okay moving on to bigger and better things. We were only in Dallas for about 30 hrs so this was all done in that short of time so I am a little tired today but soooooo worth it.

So we checked in to Heavenly Hotel Formerly Known as Westin. "HHFKW". Then we then went looking for Bass Pro Shop well okay ladies my Dad spent a whole lot of money and time setting this weekend up for me so yea I went to Bass Pro shop, anyway we found it and not only was there a bass pro shop there where other outdoorsy stores in a row which I have nicknamed ManMall (Megan Original) I think there was the bass pro shop, Deers'R'Us, Guns N More, Hunters Heaven, and other such lovely stores that felt way out of my league,I felt a little uneasy getting out of the car, so not my element.

Okay a break saying that I did not remember every store name except bass pro so I made up the others but basically I got the atmosphere right

Let me tell you something about the stereotype that men do not shop like women, waaaaaaaaaaay wrong, I think we spent about 300 dollars at Bass Pro within 10 feet of the front door, no lie. Well I had fun, I got some mucho comfy sandals for flat footed people, that I love to wear and some socks and sunglasses.

Anyway after that we went to one of my favorite Italian food places called Carrabbas and we ate our respected dinners and then we split the best chocolate cake in the WORLD, yes in the WORLD. Okay imagine the best day you ever had, with hot fudge, brownie, and heavenly ingredients that are unnameable.

I kinda had one of those moments like in the movie when the woman and the man of the story meet eyes and know they will fall in love in 0.00005 seconds. Yea that was me, but with cake, (i like chocolate a little too much and put it in cake form I am gone) so after that we rolled back to the car and headed back to the HHFKW and I took a heavenly shower and then watch sports and TV till I fell asleep in 20 seconds. Then I woke up ,got ready, and then we went to PF Changs for lunch we split chicken lettuce wraps and Mongolian beef yes it was as delicious as it sounds.

Then we went to see IRON MAN the movie and that was a lot of fun, it is a flawed Hero action flick. Then we went to my all time favorite TEX-Mex restaurant Chuys and there well lets say I dinned very well and there was a VAT of creamy Jalapeno just for me. We did bring home some for mom and I got a Chuys shirt. Then we drove home. In other words best weekend this semester by far. To sum it up Diet Zero, fun 1,000,000,000,000. So that is about it for this week and I am hoping that this week is even better, catch ya tomorrow

3 comments:

AbbieCRAZY said...

Good News! You can but the bed and the shower head! Just because it's "heavenly...."

AbbieCRAZY said...

I meant BUY the bed and shower head - not BUT it. That would just be weird...

Tammy M. said...

Denise just made me laugh. Who buts a shower head???~!!~!. So glad you had so much fun with your dad and dined at so many yummy places. Makes me hungry just reading about it.