Monday, August 4, 2008

Megan's Awkward Moments

So here is another one of my favorite awkward moments that happened earlier today. 


Awkward Moment px45923: "Beached Whale"


So I am into kickboxing at La Boxing here in town and I love it. Even though it is the roughest thing that I have ever done. It is right up there with week long basketball camp that was so stressful I got shingles when I got home. 

Anyway I am rambling, on with the awkward goodness!! So after sweating through my shirt during the first 45 mins out of an hour long workout, the last 15 mins all we do is abs. Let me tell you when you do abs you let go of all hope of looking lady like and just give into laying on the floor and feeling awkward. 

But here is the kicker, we do one ab session where we are laying face down on the floor, then in a brilliant move of grace and athleticism you are suppose to raise you upper body off the floor while you feet and lower body are on the ground while moving you arms from above your head to your waist. Well that is how you are suppose to do it. I on the other hand, flail about like a beach whale, trying really hard to just, you know, breath and continue to do the exercise while trying not to laugh at myself. Can you say beached whale, yea that is what I thought. Well just another moment in the life of Megan.


Until next time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Can you explain kickboxing? What it is? I can picture you trying to do this with all your heart and soul. Please don't hurt
yourself doing something you like.
Hope your are having a good day, Megan. Your Friend, Donna Altman

Sarah said...

No! Exercise classes DO NOT count as awkward moments! 'Cause everyone looks the same. Sorry -- wrong answer. Try again for an awkward moment...

Megster said...

so counts when everyone on the class can do said exercise is an athletic way and you can not, so counts

AbbieCRAZY said...

You aren't making this sound fun.